In love with the gothy vocals of Teri Gender Bender of Mexican grunge punk outfit Le Butcherettes. We also share the same birthday. Tauruses rock.
1) Make a list of all the things we want to do and move through them one by one without ever having to stop and ask another person if they are okay with doing it.
2) Experience the exquisite company that is taking a good book to a dinner out by ourselves, getting so lost in the precious solitude that we begin to forget the world exists at all.
3) Move to wherever we want and start completely fresh, giving ourselves the ultimate challenge of learning how to develop and create a new safety net.
4) From sleeping through the night, to feeling good about ourselves, to trying new activities and meeting new people.
5) Dedicate nearly all our social time to developing and enriching the friendships which sometimes fall by the wayside when we are consumed with a relationship.
6) Throw ourselves fully into our work and enjoying it, without having to worry about it coming at the cost of the relationship.
7) Get to spend extended periods of time wandering around, reading, people-watching, drinking tea, and just being.
8) Everyday we live holds the potential of starting an entirely new chapter in our lives.
9) Have more cash in the pocket. Let’s be honest - relationships are expensive.
10) We don’t have to feel guilty about being the most important thing in our lives.
The beauty of being in our 20s is the license to screw up and be reckless.
In our 30s, we start to understand that everything in life is a trade-off and we can’t have it all.
The good news is, we’ll always retain some of that youthfulness even in our 40s. ‘Coz it continues to be true that nobody knows what they’re doing.
And above all, respect and be kind to ourselves. Life’s such a brilliant and beautiful ride, and just keeps getting better.